Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Focus

I have very obviously stopped putting up new posts on this blog, for various reasons, mostly having to do with a lack of time. But another reason is that my focus in parenting has dramatically shifted as I have come into a new season and a new understanding of what it means for me to be a mom.

I have left the realm of figuring out the practicalities and products of motherhood and entered into a new place of understanding the heart of motherhood and disciplines of motherhood. When I first began this blog, I wanted to stay kind of clear of this type of thing because I wanted to blog to be useful to all different types of mothers with all different backgrounds and beliefs and whatnot. But I have now realized that if I am going to be able to put anything else up on this blog, it will have to be dealing with the things really near and dear to my heart when it comes to being a mother.

I apologize to any of you who may read this and be offended by my words and my new focus and switch. But I can't seem to avoid this new direction any longer and I believe it is such an essential element to parenting that many mothers have not been able to receive much encouragement and teaching in.

This may all seem very vague right now, but as I begin to write more in this new direction, I think it will become more clear. Here is my best attempt to make some bullet points on it though. This heart and mission and discipline of motherhood has brought me some of the following truths that I will probably begin writing new posts on, provided there is time to do so!

-children are a blessing from the Lord
-motherhood is a blessing, a gift, and a place of honor
-parents must have a revelation of authority and submission and teach this to their children
-freedom in mothering comes from getting into it more, not trying to escape it and gain more "me" time
-our children are worth it!
-to be the mother God's wants us to be, it will take great sacrifice and we will be able to learn how to lay down our lives for our children, and in doing so, we will truly find what we have been created for

1 comment:

Wells said...

Hey Holly!! I guess it's been over a year since i checked this blog?! aaaaah! anyway, good for you! I think we can collaborate on some God-focused heart-of-mothering writings, don't you think? anyhow, if you still end up doing SOME practical posts (because a mix would be ok too!), i was thinking today that you should do a post about "things to register for for your first baby." you were such a huge help to me when you took me to babies r us five years ago! THANKS!